What do you mean by Information flow?
The creation, design, development and production of a collection involve the generation, sharing and distribution of a huge amount of information. The information flow from the start of the development process to the end of production is a crucial element for the successful internal workings of the brand and for the external relationships with the factories, trim suppliers and customers.
- In development and production you need to manage the flow of information. If you don’t consider yourself organized or able to multi task, choose a different area of the business.
- Writing up technical information needs to be clear and precise. Never make assumptions that the factory understands; check and double-check everything until they are clear.
- As the development matrix is the hub for the style information, keep it updated and without error, as it will reduce problems at a later stage. This is your responsibility.
- If you are using more than one factory, be careful when sending the matrix to them. Filter the sheet so that only the information relevant to that factory goes out.
- If more than one person uses the planning sheets and you are concerned about other people changing details without your knowledge, password protect it so only you can change details.
For more information on the Information flow or other aspects of building a fashion collection, check out Blue is The New Black
Susie / Co-lab54.com